Are you going to the Harris Teeter Super Doubles event running from August 5 – 7? I went Sunday morning and scored some fabulous deals and saved over 95%!
How did you do? Any interesting shopping stories to share?
Following are the totals from my Super Doubles trip. You can see all the products I bought in the photo above.
Subtotal before sales and coupons: $88.49
Total amount saved at the register: $80.02
Total paid at the register: $8.47
Catalina Coupon: I also received a $3 register coupon for $3 off my next order of anything because I bought 4 boxes of General Mills cereals
Ibotta: I will also get back $4 for the Lance crackers, .75 for the Zevia soda and .25 for submitting any receipt from Ibotta
Total after coupons, sales, register coupon and Ibotta = 47 cents!
Thank you Harris Teeter!
I used a coupon for every item and most of them came from current or recent Coupons.com printable coupons or the Sunday coupon inserts. The $2/1 Zevia coupon came from zevia.com. See below for the link to the Super Doubles list with the details on the specific deals.
The Harris Teeter in Fuquay-Varina off Hwy 401 and Ten Ten rd. was packed. There were at least 15 people already in line when I arrived at the store at 6:45 am. But, I was able to find everything I wanted and once the registers opened for Super Doubles at 7 am, the line moved fairly quickly. Plus I got to catch up with a number of couponing friends I have not seen for a while!
And remember, we may have another Super Doubles event starting Wednesday and running through Friday. They should confirm the event in the Wednesday e-Vic e-mail.
Super Doubles Details
The Harris Teeter Super Doubles event for August 5 – 7 has been CONFIRMED!
It looks like there may be an extended Super Doubles all the way through Friday, August 10, but we will not have that event confirmed until Wednesday!
Super Doubles Deals List: Head to moolasavingmom.com for an excellent Super Doubles deal list with over 30 freebies on it! My thanks to Jessie at Moolasavingmom.com for sharing her great list of deals.
You can print coupons from the Smart Shopper Printable Coupons HERE.
Coupon policies and tips for shopping Harris Teeter Super Doubles:
* HT should be Super Doubling coupons worth up to $2 face value. This means that a $1.00 coupon will double to $2.00, a $1.50 coupon will double to $3.00 and a $2.00 coupon will double to $4.00!
* HT begins super doubling coupons at 7:00 AM on the first day of the sale. 24 hour stores do not super double coupons before 7:00 AM on the first day (at least that is how it has always worked in the past). Your best bet is to get to the store before 7 am if you want to get the freebies and best deals. Some people get there at 6:15 am or earlier and then wait in line until the register allows coupons to begin Super Doubling at 7 am.
* HT will super double/double up to 20 coupons per household per day. Spouse’s cards registered with the same address are linked because the policy is 20 per household, per day. If you have twenty $1 coupons and twenty .75 coupons, only 20 total will double. They will not double 20 coupons that are under $1 and also super double another 20 coupons that are over $1. It’s 20 total coupons that are $2 or less doubled per day.
* HT policy is to double up to 3 identical coupons (as long as you buy the product required for each coupon, of course). So, if you have five $1.00 coupons for a product, the policy is to only super double the first three. The other 2 will be accepted at face value.
* Printable coupons: HT will accept 3 printable coupons per like item, per store, per day, according to their policy. So if you buy 3 identical items and you have a printable coupon for each one, you can use all three.
* New Raincheck policy as of March 29, 2017: Harris Teeter will no longer let customers combine a raincheck with a coupon for the same item. In addition, rainchecks now expire 60 days after they are issued.
* If your store is out of your favorite deals (and they will be out of some of them) ask the customer service folks when the next truck arrives so you know when they will be restocking.
* Enjoy the deals you are able to get and please remember that many of the best deals will sell out quickly. The stores will reorder those items, but often, the warehouse runs out so they cannot get the stock. Please be nice to the store employees as it is not their fault if items are out of stock. And if you are excited about your great deals, give Harris Teeter a call at their Customer Service number, send them an e-mail via their website or post a comment to their Facebook page to thank them. Happy Shopping!